The Zamfara Youths Dismiss Tinubu’s Minister’s Alleged Fresh Links to Bandits report circulating online has drawn a strong reaction from the Zamfara Youth Network (ZYN), which has urged Nigerians to disregard what it described as a fabricated and baseless accusation. According to the group, the claim suggesting that Minister of State for Defence, Bello Mohammed Matawalle, maintains communication with terrorists and allegedly donated 36 Hilux vehicles to bandit groups is nothing more than a malicious narrative crafted to undermine the minister’s integrity and ongoing security efforts.
Speaking in Gusau on Thursday, November 20, 2025, Comrade Musa Usman—one of the coordinators of ZYN—criticised the publication, describing it as an orchestrated attempt to discredit Matawalle’s achievements since joining President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s cabinet. Usman insisted that the allegations being circulated by SaharaReporters were not only unfounded but recycled from past political battles that had already been investigated by security agencies and dismissed for lack of substance.
Zamfara Youths Debunk the Claims
According to the Zamfara Youth Network, there has never been any evidence that the minister, whether during his time as governor or in his current position, handed over vehicles to criminal elements. The group stressed that the accusations were fabricated to mislead the public and create doubt around the minister’s contributions to the ongoing war against insecurity.
Usman emphasized that the so-called bandit leaders mentioned in the report had long been neutralized by military operations. He argued that it was impossible for individuals who are no longer alive to receive Hilux vans or exchange messages on WhatsApp. He added that the current improvements in security across Zamfara State are a direct result of Matawalle’s firm stance against terrorism.
“This is the most peaceful period Zamfara has witnessed in more than ten years,” he said, attributing the progress to coordinated military operations and strategic pressure on criminal hideouts. The Zamfara Youths Dismiss Tinubu’s Minister’s Alleged Fresh Links To Bandits narrative, he declared, was simply a tactic meant to distract from these achievements.
Accusations Against Political Opponents
The youth network also pointed fingers at political figures who previously held power in Zamfara and other parts of the North-West. According to ZYN, these individuals are unhappy with the current administration’s success in pushing back bandit groups, many of whom they allegedly accommodated or paid during their tenure.
Usman insisted that these politicians were using foreign blogs to push misleading reports because they lacked public support and were struggling to remain politically relevant. He argued that the intention was to manipulate public perception ahead of the 2027 elections.
“With elections around the corner, they know the people of Zamfara will reject anyone associated with negotiating with violent groups,” he said. He added that such actors were desperate to smear Matawalle because his role in restoring stability posed a threat to their political ambitions.
Matawalle’s Continued Commitment to Security
Meanwhile, the minister recently delivered President Tinubu’s message to troops stationed in Zamfara, urging them to intensify efforts in eliminating the remaining bandit elements operating in the northern region. Matawalle praised the resilience of the security forces and encouraged them to sustain the momentum.
Upon his arrival, he was received by the Theatre Commander, Major-General Warrah Bello Idris, who briefed him on the progress made in recent operations. The visit reinforced the administration’s commitment to restoring lasting peace across the region.
Through their statement, the Zamfara youths reiterated that the allegations were politically motivated and called on Nigerians to focus on verified facts rather than sensationalized claims. They urged the public to recognize the minister’s dedication to strengthening national security rather than entertain what they termed as deliberate falsehoods directed at derailing ongoing progress.
Netizens React on Zamfara Youths Dismissing Alleged Fresh Links Between Tinubu’s Minister and Bandits:
@AmobiBuchi16335 said:
“I’m not surprised they’re all sponsors of terrorism! IGBO’S should secure our land, Hope Uzodinma/APC have killed us,they wanted to stab the guy for videoing them see the audacity,this is poly road in Imo State they are here ooooh”
@Bensmi41t55050 said:
“Nigeria Army Dismises Soldier For Firing Back At Boko Haram Terrorists During Attak . The Nigerian Army has dismissed a frontline soldier, Private Isah Emmanuel, after he allegedly refused to obey a direct ceasefire order issued by his commanding officer during a fierce encounter”
@miniTeevee said:
“In as much as i don’t support APC, U should be a credible news blog, not the beer palour gist blog. Do u have solid evidence for this accusation?”
@iamossy_ said:
“You cannot win a war on terror when both the military waging the war and the terrorists they are supposedly fighting against, share the same Commander-In-Chief.”
@blaack_power01 said:
“Look at the kind of animals that is governing Nigeria NIGERIA IS NOTHING BUT A ZOO Fuck this country”

